Nothing says Mother’s Day like a batch of homemade cookies. And nothing says Grandma like rolling those cookies in sugar before you bake ‘em.
- ½ cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour, spooned in
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- Sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized pot. When just melted, remove from heat and stir in the white and brown sugar. Stir in the molasses then the egg, mixing well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt just until combined.
- Place rolling sugar in a small bowl.
- Scoop dough by the tablespoon and roll into balls. Roll in sugar and set on prepared sheet, about 2” apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Once set, remove to wire racks and let cool completely.
- Makes 20-22 cookies