Learn how to make adorable bear-shaped cookies with their arms wrapped tightly around a candy. These cute cookies are super easy to make and taste even better than they look!
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, well beaten
2 ½ cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla until mixture is creamy… about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat thoroughly.
2. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Beat the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
3. Roll out cookie dough to ¼” onto a lightly floured board. For best results, don’t roll cookie dough too thin. Use a teddy bear cookie cutter. Place cookies on parchment lined cookie sheets.
4. Wrap teddy bears’ arms around the heart-shaped candy.
5. Bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes or until the underside of cookies turn golden brown.