BUSINESS AND SYSTEMS ANALYST (BSA)
Join us today, you will become part of something bigger than us, something truly life changing.
About Hope and Healing International:
We are a Christian organization, working to bring hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Ranked by Charity Intelligence as a Top 100 Charity, with a 5-star rating we work to demonstrate real impact, fiscal transparency, and donor accountability.
Scope of position:
· Employment status: Salaried, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
· Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
· Location: 1600 16th Ave Unit 1, Richmond Hill, Ontario
· Date posted: July 13, 2021
Reporting to Director, Finance and Decision Support, the Business & Systems Analyst (BSA) works to support the technology-enabled business initiatives of Hope and Healing International, leveraging deep technical and business understanding to drive process improvements, optimize systems, enhance decision-making, and strategic results.
More specifically, the BSA will:
· Contribute to the implementation of innovative solutions to drive efficiencies, and excellence in our day-to-day operations;
· Use analytical abilities to make recommendations on opportunities, leveraging your understanding of our business environment, our workflows, and our data;
· Partner with business stakeholders to deeply understand business needs driving continuous improvement from concept through to implementation in partnership with Data Analysts and business stakeholders;
· Develop, generate, and maintain customized reports and KPI’s supporting Hope and Healing International business and management teams;
· Knowledge and ability to analyze data, create dashboards, and distill actionable insights from same;
· Collaborate with Data Analysts in support of Decision Support Services (DSS) and the organization ensuring quality on department needs requirements and request responses;
· Collect information from various stakeholders for any new system/process change requests;
· Evaluate risks, benefits and efforts associated to any change;
· Recommend and assist in implementing changes to system(s) as required;
· Facilitate an initiative from concept to completion with appropriate communication and activity tracking through cross-functional teams;
· Act as the focal point between customers at a variety of managerial levels and technical specialists, ensuring detailed business requirements lead to intended technical developments and functional enhancements of systems;
· Support day-to-day coordination of DSS team and its interactions with internal department clients, particularly Marketing and Marketing Services;
· Provide business & systems expertise to the Hope and Healing International staff as required;
· Develop and implement recommendations to meet business needs or drive business effectiveness;
· Assist / make recommendations in development and documentation of procedures, policies, and systems;
· Provide input into company decisions regarding systems, software and hardware using knowledge of latest trends and applications.
Why would you want to come and work with us?
· You will take on a significant role in changing the world;
· You will work shoulder to shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are;
· You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere;
· We have a comprehensive benefits and Group RRSP plan, and we end work early on Fridays in the summer to allow our team to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine;
· We believe in work-life balance, so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, paid birthday day off, 10 paid personal days, days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth;
· We consider work from home to be a viable, flexible work option. Eligible employees enjoy working at home for part of their workweek.
Our ideal candidate would have:
· Bachelor’s degree/ College Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Business or related disciplines
· 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in business or systems analytics or relevant field
· Fluency in SQL, BI and report development
· Superior computer literacy and proficiency in all office productivity software including Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
· A thorough understanding of data structures – preferably experience with CRM Systems
· Knowledge of Software Development
· Knowledge of Business Analysis
· Knowledge of Marketing Analysis and Reporting
· Creativity and innovation
· Attention to detail
· Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and objectives
· Ability to follow given directions, guidelines and instructions
· Ability to communicate complex concepts to all levels of management
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
Working conditions and other requirements:
· Standard office environment
· Work from home for part of the workweek
If this tempts you even a little bit and you meet the minimum requirements, let us set up a conversation.
Please forward you cover letter and resume to email@example.com
by August 3, 2021.
The safety of our staff is of the utmost importance to us; therefore, considering the issues surrounding COVID-19, we wanted to let job applicants know that Hope and Healing International’s employment offers are conditional upon new hires being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘child-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory.
If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.