DONOR RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE
Join us today, you will become part of something bigger than us, something truly life changing.
About Hope and Healing International:
We are a Christian organization, working to bring hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Ranked by Charity Intelligence as a Top 100 Charity, with a 5-star rating we work to demonstrate real impact, fiscal transparency, and donor accountability.
Scope of position:
- Employment status: Salaried, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
- Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
- Location: 1600 16th Ave, Richmond Hill, Ontario
- Date posted: September 20, 2021
The Donor Relations Representative position exists to support the Marketing Department’s strategy by directly connecting with our supporters by telephone. This role focuses on enhancing donors’ experience and engaging them with Hope and Healing International. Ultimately this job exists to support the growth of donor revenue and allow the organization to provide life changing interventions to transform the lives of children and families living with disability in poor countries.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Outbound Calls (65%):
- Make outbound calls to new, existing or lapsed donors supporting targeted campaigns.
- Ability to solicit donations while providing a positive donor experience.
- Ability to meet objectives and KPI targets.
- Ability to follow a script and be able to successfully engage donors in conversation in a non-scripted approach.
- Working in collaboration with team members ensuring campaign targets are on track and being met.
- Understand calls are made with a certain time frame for targeted campaigns.
- Detailed tracking of calls and results for statistical purposes.
- Pre-call profile look up in Studio Enterprise to familiarise with donor profile.
- Post call wrap up – high level of accuracy and attention to detail when entering results from call including recording donations.
- Prepare and update call sheets and the communication records in Studio Enterprise for each call made, including prayer requests.
- Write personal notes to supporters as needed and is appropriate.
- Ensure SE notes are clear and detailed as a record of the communication with donor.
- Record credit card information on donation forms with a high level of accuracy.
Inbound Calls (10%):
- Responding to the needs of Hope and Healing International supporters and general public with inbound calls promptly and courteously with an emphasis on increasing donor revenue and engagement.
- Attempt an upsell of a one-time, larger or “add-on” to donation.
- Handle requests and complaints by offering solutions when appropriate.
- Respond to/Forward/Escalate an e-mail to the appropriate person.
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world.
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are.
- You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere.
- We have a comprehensive benefits and Group RRSP plan, and we end work early on Fridays in the summer to allow our team to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine.
- We believe in work-life balance, so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, paid birthday day off, 10 paid personal days, days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth.
- We consider work from home to be a viable, flexible work option.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- High School Diploma.
- Good operating knowledge of programs including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Web based interfaces.
- Experience with and an innate understanding of people.
- Demonstrates an understanding specific to a phone centre and sales/marketing.
- Proven relational and sales abilities: donor retention and engagement; ability to secure a donor commitment; cross selling, up-selling.
- Strong listening skills.
- Advanced spoken and written communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong organizational skills including a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to receive coaching when needed and as necessary.
- Understand and have the ability to reach or exceed outbound call campaign targets and deadlines.
- Ability to connect with people on personal level while keeping high level of professionalism and work ethic.
- Ability to recover quickly from one call to the next.
- Must have pleasant, out-going demeanor with understanding that there is flexibility, patience and empathy required when speaking with donors.
- Ability to work positively in a team environment and to be able to take initiative.
- Willingness and ability to ask for a donations and gifts over the phone, the ability to overcome barriers and objections.
- Experience in a call centre would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Studio Enterprise/CRM, Smart Sheet would be an asset.
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Standard office environment – 3 days per week.
- Work from home – 2 days per week.
- Flexible schedule to be coordinated by the Manager of Donor Relations.
- Working evenings is required.
- Ability to communicate over the phone for extended periods of time.
- Ability to remain in a seated position for periods of time.
- Ability to wear headset for periods of time.
If this tempts you even a little bit and you meet the minimum requirements, let us set up a conversation.
Please forward you cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by October 15, 2021.
The safety of our staff is of the utmost importance to us; therefore, considering the issues surrounding COVID-19, we wanted to let job applicants know that Hope and Healing International’s employment offers are conditional upon new hires being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘child-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory.
If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.