DONOR RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE
We are Hope and Healing International, a Christian organization, bringing hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Hope and Healing International works in communities to improve access to healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities for people with disability.
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are. You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere
- We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world
About the job:
The Donor Relations Representative position exists to support the Marketing Department’s strategy by directly connecting with our supporters by telephone. Ultimately this job exists to support the growth of donor revenue and allow the organization to provide life changing interventions to transform the lives of children and families living with disability in poor countries. The donor relations work efforts work to increase supporter giving through excellent customer service, upgraded offers.
About the position:
- Reporting To: Manager, Donor Relations
- Employment Status: Full-Time (35 hours per week), Salaried
- Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
- Location: 3844 Stouffville Road, Stouffville, ON
- Make outbound calls to new, existing or lapsed donors supporting targeted campaigns
- Ability to solicit donations while providing a positive donor experience
- Ability to meet objectives and KPI targets
- Ability to follow a script and be able to successfully engage donors in conversation in a non-scripted approach
- Understand calls are made with a certain time frame for targeted campaigns
- Detailed tracking of calls and results for statistical purposes
- Pre-call profile look up in Studio Enterprise to familiarise with donor profile
- Post call wrap up – high level of accuracy and attention to detail when entering results from call including recording donations
- Record credit card information on donation forms with a high level of accuracy
- Responding to the needs of Hope and Healing supporters and general public with inbound calls promptly and courteously with an emphasis on increasing donor revenue and engagement
- Attempt an upsell of a one-time, larger or “add-on” to donation
- Handle requests and complaints by offering solutions when appropriate
- Respond to/Forward/Escalate an e-mail to the appropriate person
Our ideal candidate would have:
- High School Diploma
- Experience with and an innate understanding of people
- Strong listening, spoken and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong organizational skills including a strong attention to detail
- Ability to connect with people on personal level while keeping high level of professionalism and work ethic
- Willingness and ability to ask for a donations and gifts over the phone, the ability to overcome barriers and objections
- Ability to recover quickly from one call to the next
- Proven relational and sales abilities: donor retention and engagement; ability to secure a donor commitment; cross selling, up-selling
- Understand and have the ability to reach or exceed outbound call campaign targets and deadlines
- Ability to effectively pray on the phone if asked and to take prayer requests from donors
- Ability to handle sensitive, personal and confidential information meeting security standards
- Good operating knowledge of programs including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Web based interfaces
- Experience in a call centre would be an asset
- Knowledge of Studio Enterprise/CRM, Smart Sheet would be an asset
- Flexible schedule to be coordinated by the Manager of Donor Relations
- Working evenings is required
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
- Standard office environment
- Ability to communicate over the phone for extended periods of time
- Ability to remain in a seated position for periods of time
- Ability to wear headset for periods of time
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘children-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.