EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE TEAM
We are looking for a new Executive Assistant to support our Executive Team and the Board of Directors. To succeed in this role you should have a good knowledge of board governance, be extremely fast at solving problems, have equivalent experience and an interest in Not-for-Profit, international development and global health issues.
We are Hope and Healing International, a Christian organization, bringing hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Hope and Healing works in communities to improve access to healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities for people with disability.
Scope of position:
- Full-Time (35 hours per week)
- Standard office environment
- Occasional travel may be involved
- Weekend and evening hours as required to facilitate Board Activities
- Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
- Location: York Region
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Assist the ED with daily administrative duties and complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas, and compiling documents for meetings;
- Communicate with the general staff on the ED’s/ET’s behalf and coordinate logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally;
- Coordinate meetings and strategic activities with the ET, the Leadership Team (LT) and members of staff;
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the ED with Board members, donors, staff, and others on matters related to programmatic initiatives as directed;
- Draft reports, prepare and coordinate oral and written communication with donors and other stakeholders;
- Support ED in his/her external commitments related to Hope and Healing, including service on external boards, committees and other groups and networks;
- Serve as the ED’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and manage Board activities, which include coordinating quarterly Board meetings and events, arranging hotel accommodations for out-of-town Board members, processing travel reimbursement requests, and compiling, assembling, and distributing Board meeting materials;
- Research potential Board members for the Nomination Committee and onboard new Board Members as required;
- Coordinate Executive, Finance, Nomination, and Audit Committees’ meetings;
- Maintain confidential files and contact information;
- Coordinate meetings, conferences, and committees both on and off site to support the ED’s agenda;
- Establish and maintain a Board portal;
- Participate as an adjunct member of the ET/ LT including assisting in scheduling, and attending meetings;
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings. Prepare an account of the meetings and designate and follow up on assigned action items;
- Provide assistance as needed to front desk operations to include but is not limited to, answering phones, accepting packages and other deliveries, and greeting and signing in visitors/ guests
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder-to shoulder-with people as excited about changing the world as you are.
- You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere.
- We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth.
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world.
Skills and qualifications we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 to 10 years providing support for upper-level management in a related organization;
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including major donors, Board members, staff, and others
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills;
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint
- Previous experience working with development and fundraising programs to increase donor contributions and funding sources is an asset
- Fund-raising data management systems knowledge helpful
- Knowledge of other languages and international customs is an asset
- Knowledge of French or Spanish is helpful
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
- Must be fully committed to the core values and mission of Hope and Healing International
Are you looking for a challenging, exciting career that changes lives here and in poorer countries? Join our team.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by June 5th, 2020
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘children-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.