GIFT-IN-KIND (GIK) FIELD LIAISON OFFICER
Hope and Healing International Canada is currently looking for a motivated GIK Field Liaison Officer
You are a dependable, committed and results-driven individual looking to be a part of a great cause.
You have proven experience in sales, marketing and/or fundraising. You are the best candidate for the position because you are resourceful and flexible; enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment, and demonstrate the necessary attitudes and knowledge to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations.
We are Hope and Healing International Canada, a Christian organization, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Founded in 1908, we are one of the world’s oldest and largest organisations working in this field. Hope and Healing International targets the people affected by disability by supporting local partner organisations to run programs in the fields of healthcare, rehabilitation, education and livelihood opportunities. Hope and Healing International also advocates for disability inclusion following UN guidelines in international policy-making bodies, and campaigns and raises funds through its member associations.
ABOUT the position:
- Status: Salaried, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
- Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
- Salary: TBD + Group Insurance Benefits & RRSP
- Location: Hope and Healing International’s Stouffville Office
- Start Date: ASAP
- Date Posted: July 24, 2017
- Application Deadline: August 15, 2017
ABOUT the role:
Working as part of the Gift In Kind (GIK) team, the GIK Field Liaison Officer advances the mission of Hope and Healing International ensuring Partner needs are sourced and that donated items are matched and shipped to partners quickly and efficiently. The successful candidate will proactively identify and drive the need for GIK resources at all levels in order to create impact while supporting program effectiveness and determining corrective action needed for goal achievement.
- Recruit GIK field partners, evaluate partner GIK needs, monitor accountability and impact after GIK delivery;
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation and communication systems;
- Ensure project goals are met, activities and results are well documented, and appropriate monitoring and evaluation is carried out in accordance with project plans;
- Conduct analysis of progress and impact based reports on goods received and partner experiences;
- Ensure obligations are met to funding donors and information feedback reports are available to donors in a timely manner;
- Gather resources that assist in reporting impact back to the donor including photos, videos and stories;
- Liaise with Hope and Healing International’s international, regional and country offices’ staff as appropriate;
- Manage a project and program portfolio;
- Participate in cross-departmental initiatives that actively contribute to Hope and Healing International’s ‘Impact 2021’ Strategy.
ABOUT your skills, education and knowledge:
- BSc in Health Science or equivalent and/or College Diploma or Certificate in Business or International Development;
- Proven experience in relationship building (sales, marketing and/or fundraising);
- Experience in working with International Development;
- Knowledge of Project Monitoring and Evaluation concepts;
- Proficiency in MS Office and Project Management;
- Ability to proactively identify issues and risks and seek resolution through collaboration and consultation;
- Persuasive oral and written English communication skills;
- Ability to work as a part of the team and willingness to collaborate;
- Ability to be flexible and deal with a complex workload;
- Cross-cultural skills;
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills.
ABOUT ‘nice to have’:
- Proficiency in French would be considered as an asset;
- Community Health and Community Based Inclusive Development knowledge would be considered as an asset;
- Knowledge of the online application Smartsheet would be considered as an asset.
ABOUT other requirements:
- Must be eligible to work in Canada and obtain travel visas as necessary;
- Travel required to developing countries for typically one to three-week duration;
- Must be flexible in working hours to accommodate needs of international partners;
- Must have a reliable source of transportation.
WHAT’S in it for you:
We are a group of Christians working together to live out our faith. We have a comprehensive insurance benefits, Group RRSP plan and Critical Illness Insurance Plan for salaried staff and we end early on Friday’s in the summer so that we can beat the traffic heading north. We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth.
Interested? Join our team.
Please forward resume to hr@Hope and Healing Internationalcanada.org by August 8, 2017.
Hope and Healing International Canada is committed to creating an inclusive environment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise Human Resources in advance of attending the interview.
Hope and Healing International Canada is a ‘child-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.