Join us as we go to the world’s poorest places – so the most vulnerable are not left behind.
About Hope and Healing International:
We are a Christian organization, working to bring hope and healing for children with disabilities in the world’s poorest communities.
About this Role:
Employment status: Salaried, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
Location: 1600 16th Ave – Unit 1, Richmond Hill, Ontario
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating bold, effective, on-brand and on-strategy creative for letters, brochures, reports and newsletters. You are detail-driven and work well with tight timelines to create designs for acquisition, fundraising and engagement campaigns for Hope and Healing International within the Marketing department.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Design, create, imagine, plan, co-operate, communicate
- Develop creative concepts and designs that deliver to creative briefs
- Provide strategic design consultation
- Work on simple and complex design jobs
- Work with the Creative team to support Hope and Healing’s Marketing donor segments and brand awareness
- Design print collateral and provide digital and social media design support as needed
- Work with Creative Manager, Production Manager, Segment Managers and vendors as needed to determine creative concepts and options
- Ability to search for and find appropriate images in internal/external photo databases
- May upload pictures to Resource Space
- Ensure designed elements meet accessibility standards
- Ability to apply Hope and Healing brand to all pieces
- Provide back-up support on production when required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A Graphic Design degree, diploma, certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience
- Previous experience working in a fundraising environment would be considered an asset
- Strong understanding of design principles and typography
- Up to date knowledge of print advertising/fundraising and design trends
- Strong knowledge of typography, photo selection, processing and correction, layout and information design
- Excellent conceptual skills
- Positive “can do” attitude with the ability and desire to learn
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to provide innovative and experienced design consultation, and formulate and design fresh concepts with minimum guidance
- Able to work independently, using own judgment and initiative
- Able to work collaboratively within a team
- Able to follow tasks through to completion and take ownership of final outcomes
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Knowledge of digital and social processes
- Experience working in both a Mac and PC environment
- Knowledge of AODA
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Standard office environment
- Hybrid work from home and office option
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
- Must be fully committed to the core values and mission of Hope and Healing
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people excited about changing the world for children with disabilities so they can go to school, play and thrive in their community.
- You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome
- We provide a comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- We want to support your plans for retirement, so we provide a generous RRSP contribution, up to 5% of your annual salary.
- We believe in meaningful time off, so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual
- Flexibility and work-life balance are important to us, so we provide hybrid work model (three work from home days each week for most roles) and remote work opportunities available.
- We love spending time with friends and family, so we work early on Fridays in the summer to allow our team to enjoy some fresh air and
- We observe the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation with a day off and emphasize that the recognition and commemoration of the tragic and painful history and ongoing impact of residential schools is a vital component of the reconciliation process.
- Employees’ wellbeing is our priority, we have ergonomics and comfortable workspaces/rooms, fitness reimbursement, preferred membership pricing at Goodlife gyms and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- We encourage employees’ professional growth, you will be eligible for paid training and development.
If this tempts you even a little bit and you meet the minimum requirements, let us set up a conversation.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
by November 4, 2022
Only applications with cover letters will be considered
Learn more about Hope and Healing International here
The safety of our staff is of the utmost importance to us; therefore, considering the issues surrounding COVID-19, we wanted to let job applicants know that Hope and Healing International’s employment offers are conditional upon new hires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘child-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Hope and Healing International is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are accessible. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.