HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Join us today, you will become part of something bigger than us, something truly life changing.
About Hope and Healing International:
We are a Christian organization, working to bring hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Ranked by Charity Intelligence as a Top 100 Charity, with a 5-star rating we work to demonstrate real impact, fiscal transparency, and donor accountability.
Scope of position:
Employment status: Salaried, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
Location: 1600 16th Ave, Richmond Hill, ON
Date posted: November 3, 2021
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the full operation of the human resources function of Hope and Healing International.
More specifically, the Human Resources Generalist will:
- Be responsible for talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Own the off-boarding process, ensure exit interviews, and provide leadership team with analysis and recommendations
- Maintain employee files and records
- Develop, recommend, and implement human resource policies
- Ensure compliance with employment law
- Contribute to the delivery of HR key projects and associate people activities such as Performance Management, Salary Review, Employee Engagement Survey, Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion, etc.
- Be a key stakeholder for leaves of absence management process
- Partner with and assist leadership team with investigations and employee relations
- Monitor employee climate to identify issues/ trends
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
- Counsel managers on identifying issues and implementing corrective actions, while also seeing opportunities to increase engagement
- Gather, analyze, and interpret HR related data for report generation and management decision making
- Organize employee training & development initiatives
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Co-Chair Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Lead Health & Wellness Committee
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world.
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are.
- You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere.
- We have a comprehensive benefits and Group RRSP plan, and we end work early on Fridays in the summer to allow our team to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine.
- We believe in work-life balance, so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, paid birthday day off, 10 paid personal days, days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth.
- We consider work from home to be a viable, flexible work option. Eligible employees enjoy working at home for part of their workweek.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an HR Generalist role
- Certification in Human Resources Management (Degree or Post-Secondary)
- CHRP/ CHRL in progress or completed (considered an asset)
- Strong knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation
- Commitment to health and safety
- Working experience and knowledge of the current Employment Standards Act and all applicable legislation
- Experience working with an HRIS system
- Strong knowledge of employee benefit and pension plans
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Well organized, able to work with minimal guidance
- Proactive, self-motivated, positive thinker capable of flexing solutions to changing demands
- Brand ambassador, strong communicator
- Strong administrative skills
- High personal integrity and ability to handle sensitive and/ or confidential documents
- Customer focus
- Conflict management skills
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Standard office environment
- Work from home for part of the workweek
If this tempts you even a little bit and you meet the minimum requirements, let us set up a conversation.
Please forward you cover letter and resume to email@example.com
by November 26, 2021.
The safety of our staff is of the utmost importance to us; therefore, considering the issues surrounding COVID-19, we wanted to let job applicants know that Hope and Healing International’s employment offers are conditional upon new hires being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘child-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.