2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs white-wine vinegar
2 tsp honey
1 tsp seeded mustard
100 g baby spinach
1 small potato
knob of creamery butter
100 g black pudding (blood sausage)
50 g smoked bacon bits (lardons)
2 boiled eggs
75 g smoked cheese
75 g sundried tomatoes
1. Combine the dressing ingredients and then drizzle about half of it over the spinach to lightly coat (keeping the remainder of the dressing aside).
2. Peel, dice and parboil the potato (for about 10 minutes).
3. Slice and cook the black pudding and the bacon lardons in butter and set aside.
4. Dice the smoked cheese and chop the sundried tomatoes, then add these to the spinach.
5. Crumble the black pudding and add to spinach with the bacon lardons.
6. Peel the boiled eggs and cut into quarters lengthways. Arrange these on the salad.
7. Salt the parboiled potatoes before lightly frying in butter (until crispy) and arrange these over the top of the salad.
8. Serve with the remainder of the dressing.