MAJOR GIFT FUNDRAISER
Everybody wants to make a difference. To leave the world a better place than they found it. You do. And so do people with lots of money.
Our Major Gifts Team gives people with high net worth the opportunity to discover their world-changing aspirations. We connect these men and women to giving opportunities that benefit some of the poorest and most overlooked people in the world – children and families struggling to survive poverty with the added challenge of not being able to see, or walk or hear.
Then we use their investment to make lasting, transformational change in lives and in communities.
We do it because we believe God loves everyone. And because we believe a whole and healthy world means no one should be left out.
Are you looking for a challenging, exciting career that changes lives here and in poorer countries?
Then, join the Major Gifts Team at Hope and Healing International.
Reporting To: Director, Major Gift
Employment Status: Full-Time (35 hours per week), Salaried
Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
Location: Based in Ontario, working from Stouffville office. A home office may be considered
Date Posted: July 8, 2019
Application Deadline: July 26, 2019
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Use your charisma and dogged discipline to form new relationships that get you face-to- face with people who are capable of giving gifts of $10,000+
- Use your creativity and kindness to nurture existing major donors using a variety of channels (face-to-face, phone, mail, email and meetings) while also qualifying mid-level donors
- Use your courage and passion to ask for funds on behalf of children and families in dire needWhy would you want to come and work with us?
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people as excited about changing the world asyou are. You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere
- We have a comprehensive benefit and Group RRSP plan for salaried staff and we endwork early on Fridays in the summer so that we can beat the traffic heading to a cottage
- We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the firstyear of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth
Our top performers have:
- College/University education preferred or a combination of education and experience
- 5 or more years of direct fundraising experience, specifically working directly with majordonors and show tact, diplomacy and solid judgment when building relationships
- Articulate and persuasive oral and written communication skills, including publicspeaking, presentation abilities and grant writing
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Disciplined and patient approach to fundraising
- Function well in an environment with specific and measured targets
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Applications
Experience with Donor Management Software Working conditions:
- Based in Ontario with very frequent travel – Ontario and other provinces if required
- Occasional evenings and weekends may be required
- Ability to travel on short notice
- Occasional travel overseasOther requirements:
Must have a reliable source of transportation
If this tempts you even a little bit and you meet the minimum requirements, let’s set up a conversation.
Please forward you cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 26, 2019.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory.
If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘child-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.