Manager Donor Services
Join us as we go to the world’s poorest places – so the most vulnerable are not left behind.
About Hope and Healing International:
We are a Christian organization, working to bring hope and healing for children with disabilities in the world’s poorest communities.
About this Role:
Employment status: Salaried, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
Location: 1600 16th Ave – Unit 1, Richmond Hill, Ontario
The Donor Services Manager is responsible for leading, organizing, training, and managing the Donor Services team to ensure complete donor fulfillment and maintenance of the donor data base system through quality control measures. The Donor Services Manager will be responsible for all planning and overseeing of the daily operations for the Donor Services department including the efficient co-ordination of all mailroom processes.
This position has four main areas of responsibility:
- Planning – evaluating the current needs of the organization and department, identifying goals and objectives to be achieved, and formulating course of action to attain these goals and objectives.
- Organizing – organizing and coordinating departmental resources, including staff, financial resources and other, to implement the course of actions which was determined during the planning process.
- Guiding – influence and oversee the performance of the staff in achieving the organization goals, as well as assisting them in accomplishing their own personal goals. The influence can be gained through motivation, communication, department dynamics and department leadership.
- Managing – establishing standards based on department’s goals, comparing actual performance against these standards, and collaborating with staff to meet these goals.
More specifically, the Manager will:
- Plan the resources and the workflow of the DS department to support organizational strategy, including the development of the annual plan and the annual budget for the DS Department
- Make recommendations and develop strategies on how to improve the department processes and procedures
- Create, revise, and update transaction or communication letters on database software
- Work closely with Decision Support Services (DSS) to ensure quality testing of the donor data base system and processes and testing of the digital web donation pages
- Manage the processes of the Hope and Healing pledge programs
- Consult with and work closely with the Marketing team, ensuring all Marketing strategies and donor appeals are consistent and achievable in supporting donor fulfilment
- Identify problems and provide alternative courses of action
- Monitor systematic running of address updates, duplicates on database and outside source address corrections to ensure database accuracy
- Managing the donor services team including recruitment, training, performance management and mentoring
- Establish and lead department meetings – setting agenda, identifying key issues, goals, objectives, and assigning tasks as necessary
- Sets the tone and establishes benchmarks for customer service levels
- Create policy and practice guidelines to communicate these standards
- Develop and implement systems to monitor and evaluate these standards
- Communicates with donors, agencies, and other stakeholders regarding payments and pledges
- Create and maintain procedures for use by the donor services department to ensure the accurate use of the donor data base system.
- Co-ordinate the year-end tax receipting process with the DSS and Marketing teams
- Oversee the quality and accuracy of the donor data base system and ensure the privacy and protection of our donor’s personal information
- Oversee the inventory management of stationery and products, ensuring all material is available, neat, and organized in the warehouse and mail room
- Manage the efficient co-ordination of all mailroom processes, ensuring accurate donor fulfillment
- Performs special analysis, reports, and other tasks as assigned
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5 years of experience in Donor Services or related business activities within the non-profit sector
- 3 years of management experience
- Donor database/donor services
- Fundraising goals and best practice
- Results Orientated/Accountability – follows tasks through to completion and takes ownership of the final outcomes
- Excellent liaison, customer service and interpersonal skills supported by excellent oral communication skills
- Effective coordination skills with excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility to deal with complex workloads
- Committed to continuous learning with ability to master new software applications and technologies in database management
- Ability to adhere to confidentiality when working with personal information
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines and work under the pressure of time restraints
- Strong work ethic – leads by example – encourages and motivates
- Ability to understand logical processes and problem solve
- Leadership skills
- Project Management skills/knowledge
- Excellent research and investigative research skills, and ability to be resourceful
- Proficient computer skills including word processing and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of Excel
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Standard office environment
- Must be fully committed to the core values and mission of Hope and Healing
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people excited about changing the world for children with disabilities so they can go to school, play and thrive in their community.
- You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere.
- We provide a comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- We want to support your plans for retirement, so we provide a generous RRSP contribution, up to 5% of your annual salary.
- We believe in meaningful time off, so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth.
- We love spending time with friends and family, so we work early on Fridays in the summer to allow our team to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine.
- We observe the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation with a day off and emphasize that the recognition and commemoration of the tragic and painful history and ongoing impact of residential schools is a vital component of the reconciliation process.
- Employees’ wellbeing is our priority, we have ergonomics and comfortable workspaces/rooms, fitness reimbursement, preferred membership pricing at Goodlife gyms and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- We encourage employees’ professional growth, you will be eligible for paid training and development.
If this tempts you even a little bit and you meet the minimum requirements, let us set up a conversation.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
By November 28, 2022
Only applications with cover letters will be considered
Learn more about Hope and Healing International here
The safety of our staff is of the utmost importance to us; therefore, considering the issues surrounding COVID-19, we wanted to let job applicants know that Hope and Healing International’s employment offers are conditional upon new hires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘child-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Hope and Healing International is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are accessible. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.