NON-CASH RESOURCE MANAGER
Everybody wants to make a difference. To leave the world a better place than they found it.
Are you looking for a challenging, exciting career that changes lives here and in poorer countries? Join our team.
We are Hope and Healing International, a Christian organization, bringing hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Hope and Healing works in communities to improve access to healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities for people with disability.
Scope of position:
Reporting directly to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Non-Cash Resource (NCR) Manager is responsible for identifying and attracting new non-cash donors, taking new and existing non-cash supporters on a meaningful journey with Hope and Healing International and engaging them more deeply with the cause and brand.
- Employment Status: Full-Time (35 hours per week), Salaried
- Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
- Location: York Region, ON
- Set strategy to grow the impact of Hope and Healing’s non-cash gift program and aligning that strategy with the organization’s Theory of Change, International Programs and Marketing Strategies;
- Set and oversee the annual budget for implementing the NCR strategy;
- Ensure appropriate and timely reporting of activities and results against the NCR strategic targets;
- Identify major donor prospects – health institutions, distributors, manufacturers in Canada and ascertain the interest and capacity of these individuals, organizations, foundations to give usable products, and inspire them to give high value, high impact non cash gifts to Hope and Healing;
- Network and develop professional relationships with appropriate associations and networks of medical practitioners that will endorse us and connect us with potential donors;
- Cultivate existing major non-cash donors with creative, inspiring and customized communication plans (face-to-face, phone, mail, email, meetings), including the right balance of visioning, asking and reporting back;
- Manage a case load of up to 75-100 customized communication plans;
- Update donor information in current donor database.
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder-to-shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are.
- You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere.
- We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth.
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world.
Skills and qualifications we’re looking for:
- College/University education preferred or a combination of experience
- CFRE would be considered an asset
- 5 years fundraising/ sales experience
- Excellent listening, oral or written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation abilities
- Strong organizational, discipline and leadership skills to manage a caseload of communication plans
- Ability to meet fundraising and revenue targets
- Tact, diplomacy and judgement in dealing with major donors
- Flexibility / ability to work with uncertainty
- Customer and Results orientation
- Persuasive communication
- Knowledge of essential sales techniques
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Applications
- Knowledge of International Development, specifically the issues around inclusive development and disability and development would be an asset
- Experience with Donor Management Software would be an asset
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Standard office environment
- Organization’s office in Stouffville, ON and/ or home office
- Weekly travel
- Occasional domestic and overseas travel may be required
- Occasional evenings and weekends required
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘children-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.