Join us today, you will become part of something bigger than us, something truly life changing.
About Hope and Healing International:
We are a Christian organization, working to bring hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Ranked by Charity Intelligence as a Top 100 Charity, with a 5-star rating we work to demonstrate real impact, fiscal transparency, and donor accountability.
Scope of position:
Employment status: Salaried, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
Location: 1600 16th Ave, Richmond Hill, ON
Date posted: November 19, 2021
The position will work closely with the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and play a key role in project managing and supporting the development, implementation, and evaluation of the organization’s strategy. This position will also drive an execution environment/mindset throughout the organization, using project management best practices and tools.
More specifically, the Project Manager will:
Support the CSO in Strategic Planning
- Partner with the Chief Strategy Officer to drive our strategic planning and management processes (Balanced Scorecard) throughout the organization to define our strategic objectives and fulfill our mission
- Partner with the Chief Strategy Officer to cascade the organization’s 5-year strategy into annual plans and individual KPIs
Lead the execution of strategic initiatives/annual priority projects
- In partnership with the Leadership Team, drive prioritization and execution of key strategic initiatives
- Work closely with priority project sponsors at the leadership level to develop project plans that fulfill the strategic vision and goals
- Manage/lead projects via effective planning, resource procurement, meeting planning/facilitation, conflict resolution, risk mitigation and status reporting
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking and producing regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of strategic initiatives and projects; deliver these reports during regular stakeholder meetings
Create and sustain an ‘execution environment’
- Mentor operational managers who lead smaller projects in project management best practice, including cost-benefit analysis, risk analyses, ROI calculations, change management, communications
- Proactively engage management to problem-solve for solutions as needed to execute on strategic initiatives.
- Track and refine metrics and KPIs that measure organizational performance and successful execution of strategic initiatives
- Conduct post-implementation review and ensure learnings are incorporated into future projects
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world.
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are.
- You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere.
- We have a comprehensive benefits and Group RRSP plan, and we end work early on Fridays in the summer to allow our team to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine.
- We believe in work-life balance, so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, paid birthday day off, 10 paid personal days, days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth.
- We consider work from home to be a viable, flexible work option. Eligible employees enjoy working at home for part of their workweek.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation preferred
- 5 + years of progressive experience in project management
- Analytical and decision-making skills
- Problem solving skills
- Leadership skills
- Discretion and independent judgement
- Effective communication including presentation and negotiation skills
- Advanced interpersonal and team building skills
- Budgeting and planning
- Management and Executive reporting
- Ability to coach and mentor on Project Management best practices
- Professional maturity and sensitivity with different cultures
- Process mapping and design
- Advanced knowledge of project management tools and MS Suite
- Balanced Scorecard (BSC)
- Smartsheet knowledge an asset
- Lean, Six Sigma or Agile would be an asset
- Willingness and ability to meet the demands of international travel within developing countries as required
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Standard office environment
- Work from home for part of the workweek
If this tempts you even a little bit and you meet the minimum requirements, let us set up a conversation.
Please forward you cover letter and resume to email@example.com
by December 17, 2021.
The safety of our staff is of the utmost importance to us; therefore, considering the issues surrounding COVID-19, we wanted to let job applicants know that Hope and Healing International’s employment offers are conditional upon new hires being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘child-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.