SENIOR MANAGER, MAJOR GIFT
Hope and Healing International is currently looking for an experienced
Senior Manager, Major Gift.
Everybody wants to make a difference. To leave the world a better place than they found it.
Are you looking for a challenging, exciting career that changes lives here and in poorer countries? Join our team.
We are Hope and Healing International, a Christian organization, bringing hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Hope and Healing works in communities to improve access to healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities for people with disability.
Scope of position:
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Senior Manager, Major Gift advances the mission of Hope and Healing International by increasing the level of major donor involvement and philanthropic commitment. The Senior Manager, Major Gift is responsible for the strategy and activities designed to find and motivate major investments in Hope and Healing International life-changing work.
- Employment Status: Full-Time (35 hours per week), Salaried
- Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
- Location: 3844 Stouffville Road, Stouffville, ON
- Create and execute a major gift strategy to advance the core mission, vision and overall strategic plan of the organization
- Develop and manage the annual major gift (cash and non-cash) budget
- Communicate information regarding the organization, its mission, its activities and the impact of donated dollars to targeted audiences
- Promote and guard the organization’s brand
- Manage and coach a team of major gift officers (cash and non-cash)
- Work closely with Hope and Healing International technical experts, support services and entire marketing team to implement the annual major gift plan
- Analyze results, adjusting the major gift plan to reach goals effectively and efficiently
- Research and network in the industry to stay abreast of developments, with an eye to opportunities 3-5 years out
- Reporting to and communicating with leaders at every level of the organization, as appropriate
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder-to shoulder-with people as excited about changing the world as you are
- You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere
- We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world
Skills and qualifications we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of development/ fundraising or sales experience, with proven track record soliciting and closing gifts in the expected range from individuals
- 3 or more years of experience managing staff
- Successful experience working with high-level board members and institutional leaders
- Must be able to demonstrate strong analytical thinking
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to garner trust and confidence of senior staff, including program leaders, board members and donors
- Polished professional presentation, excellent interpersonal skills, and strong organization and communication skills
- Strong follow-through and attention to detail
- Proven ability to set and meet deadlines
- Expertise in major gift fundraising methodologies
- Knowledge of philanthropy landscape and trends
- Understanding of non-cash resources modalities
- Proven leadership abilities
- Ability to succinctly articulate the organization’s mission and the case for support in a clear and compelling manner
- Work effectively under pressure with competing priorities
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Standard office environment
- Availability to travel internationally, domestically and to developing countries frequently and with short notice
- Must be fully committed to the core values and mission of Hope and Healing International
- Must be eligible to work in Canada and obtain travel visas as necessary
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘children-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.