SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Hope and Healing International is looking for a skilled Social Media Coordinator
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have at least one (1) year experience in social media marketing with demonstrated successes and the ability to coordinate on multiple platforms. You are a highly-motivated individual with a strong passion for, and experience in, content planning. You have excellent communication and people skills since teamwork is an important aspect of the role.
We are Hope and Healing International, a Christian organization, bringing hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Hope and Healing International works in communities to improve access to healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities for people with disability.
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder-to-shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are. You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere;
- We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth;
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world
ABOUT the position:
- Status: Salaried, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
- Reporting to: Manager, Marketing Services
- Location: 3844 Stouffville Road, Stouffville, ON
- Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
- Date Posted: October 2, 2019
- Application Deadline: October 23, 2019
ABOUT the role:
This position is responsible for contributing to the overall brand-focused marketing and communication strategy by leveraging content and social media techniques to increase supporter acquisition, retention, awareness and discovery across multiple social media platforms.
- Optimize the supporter experience through outreach on social media platforms
- Write and develop engaging content for each social channel that effectively supports marketing and brand objectives
- Coordinate content and social media calendars that support Hope and Healing International’s objectives
- Contribute to the development of a social media strategy and execute the strategy against key performance indicators
- Monitor Hope and Healing’s reputation online and in social media, respond to comments, as well as potential opportunities, events, issues, and other hot topics suitable for brand-aligned engagement on social media
- Monitor and evaluate social media results on an ongoing basis in coordination with Hope and Healing’s goals and benchmarks
- Create short video content for use on social media channels
- Edit photos and create engaging visual content using Photoshop and related software
ABOUT your skills, education and knowledge:
- College or University degree in marketing, communications or related discipline
- Superior creative writing and content creation skills with an emphasis on writing for social media, blogs, and the web
- Strong ability to tell short, engaging stories through video content
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience working with social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube)
- Ability to edit photos using design software(Photoshop, InDesign)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Knowledge of social media metrics, reporting, and analysis would be considered an asset
ABOUT other requirements:
- Results orientation and accountability
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
- Must be fully committed to the core values and mission of Hope and Healing International
Are you looking for a challenging, exciting career that changes lives here and in poorer countries? Join our team.
Please forward resume including cover letter to email@example.com by October 23, 2019.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘children-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.