SPECIALIST, INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS MONIORING & EVALUATION (IPME)
The Specialist, IPME has the primary objective to monitor, evaluate and manage information and project deliverables, including narrative and financial reports for Hope & Healing’s international programs to ensure a positive, transformational impact on the lives of people with disabilities. The position ensures accountability on international programs, partners and processes to other organization’s departments, donors and beneficiary clients.
We are Hope and Healing International, a Christian organization, bringing hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Hope and Healing works in communities to improve access to healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities for people with disability.
Scope of position:
- Contract, 1 year (start date – ASAP)
- Full-Time (35 hours per week)
- Travel to developing countries frequently for typically one to three-week duration and with short notice
- Location: York Region
- Project Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Capacity Building
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure monitoring & evaluation (M&E) standards and guidelines aligned with results based management (RBM) best practices, across Hope and Healing’s project partner portfolio;
- Conduct baseline assessments, evaluations and set up monitoring and reporting systems through the development of strong project plans and terms of reference;
- Ensure quality of M&E related data collection throughout program implementation for initiated projects;
- Continually assess project progress and inform organizational decision makers via robust analysis and reporting;
- Strengthen internal relationships and capacities to support IP programming goals;
- Facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally-managed evaluations;
- Conduct field-level project monitoring and evaluation supplemented by frequent international field visits Provide technical guidance to the vetting and selection of external partners;
- Support the annual international project budget allocation process with analysis and the creation of relevant preparatory documentation;
- Contribute to development of Hope and Healing’s strategies for IP programming;
- Present reporting on projects and field visits to staff.
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder-to shoulder-with people as excited about changing the world as you are.
- You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere.
- We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth.
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world.
Skills and qualifications we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in a development field, social science, economics, or other related discipline, with an emphasis on Monitoring & Evaluation
- 3+ years of relevant experience in development and humanitarian contexts in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects
- Experience developing, leading and managing complex, large scale M&E initiatives
- Knowledge of major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact.)
- Experience in results-based management and performance measurement, including developing logical frameworks, indicator selection, target setting, data collection, analysis, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans
- Demonstrated experience in using M&E data for decision-making
- Strong analytical skills for synthesis of materials, evaluations, and preparation of presentations
- Deep knowledge of donor M&E requirements and guidelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Cross-cultural communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate building and maintaining of good relationships
- Budgeting and basic accounting
- Independent judgement (project evaluation, analysis of project deliverables)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Office365 preferred)
- Health and Community-based Rehabilitation knowledge would be an asset
- Monitoring and Evaluation Training (e.g. IPDET) would be an asset
- Disability and Inclusive Development Training would be an asset
Are you looking for a challenging, exciting career that changes lives here and in poorer countries? Join our team.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by June 5th, 2020
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘children-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.