Hope and Healing International is currently looking for a summer student
You are a student between the ages of 15 and 30. You have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year. You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person with official refugee status.
We are Hope and Healing International International Member Association, a Christian organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Founded in 1908, we are one of the world’s oldest and largest organisations working in this field. Hope and Healing International targets the people affected by disability by supporting local partner organisations to run programs in the fields of healthcare, rehabilitation, education and livelihood opportunities. Hope and Healing International also advocates for disability inclusion following UN guidelines in international policy-making bodies, and campaigns and raises funds through its member associations.
About the summer student position:
- Job Duration: 7 weeks
- Job period: May 2017 – August 2017
- Status: Part-Time (30 hours per week)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: Hope and Healing International Canada’s Stouffville Office (3844 Stouffville Road, Stouffville, ON)
- Date Posted: April 18, 2017
- Application Deadline: May 2, 2017
About the role:
The Donor Relations Junior Representative position exists to support the Marketing Department’s strategy by directly connecting with our supporters by telephone. This role focuses on enhancing donors’ experience and engaging them to renew their support of Hope and Healing International. Ultimately this job exists to increase funds to help bring positive solutions to people affected by disability and to secure/improve donor retention.
- Make outbound calls to new or existing donors providing a positive donor experience
- Follow a script but be able to successfully engage donors in conversation in a non-scripted approach
- Understand calls are made with a certain time frame for targeted campaigns
- Responding to the needs of Hope and Healing International supporters and general public with inbound calls promptly and courteously
- Detailed tracking of calls and results and the time spent for statistical purposes
- Pre-call supporter look up to familiarise with supporter’s profile to make the call including locating phone numbers as needed on the internet
- Post call wrap up – high level of accuracy and attention to detail when entering results from call including recording donations
- Record information on donation forms with a high level of accuracy
About your skills, knowledge and experience:
- Ability to handle sensitive, personal and confidential information meeting security standards
- Ability to communicate over the phone for extended periods of time
- Ability to remain in a seated position for extended periods of time
- Ability to wear headset for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a part of the team and willingness to collaborate
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
Are you interested? Please forward resume including cover letter to hr@Hope and Healing Internationalcanada.org by May 2, 2017
Hope and Healing International Canada is committed to creating an inclusive environment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), Hope and Healing International Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise Human Resources in advance of attending the interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.