TECHNICAL MANAGER (IT and Decision Support System)
Hope and Healing International Canada is currently looking for a talented Technical Manager
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are confident working on several projects at once under tight deadlines. You rely on your extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and to deliver on-time results. You have excellent communication, management and people skills. You deliver excellent customer service.
We are Hope and Healing International Canada, a Christian organization, bringing Hope and Healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Hope and Healing International works in communities to improve access to healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities for people with disability.
ABOUT the position:
- Status: Salaried, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
- Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
- Salary: TBD + Group Insurance Benefits & RRSP
- Location: Hope and Healing International’s Stouffville Office
- Start Date: ASAP
- Date Posted: February 5, 2018
- Application Deadline: February 23, 2018
ABOUT the role:
The Technical Manager (IT and Decision Support System), works to ensure the organization‘s systems and technology enables the organization to implement and its strategic objectives. The Technical Manager ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of new and existing technology and information systems that support core organizational functions as well as decision-making activities.
- Develop annual plan for IT and DSS departments, including strategic objectives and initiatives
- Develop annual budget for IT and DSS departments
- Develop IT/DSS procedures and policies
- Design and establish service model to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide input and recommendations into company decisions regarding systems, software and hardware using knowledge of latest trends and applications
- Represent organizational mission, vision, values and brand to the team and across the organization
- Recruit and retain personnel and services needed
- Manage IT and DSS teams
- Provide oversight to external contractors
- Communicate, collaborate & negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Create dashboards / reports to support the leadership team in decision making
- Ensure data security, including network security and other systems security utilizing best practices
- Plan for business continuity including disaster and business recovery planning
- Maintain an understanding and awareness of current and future trends, best practices in IT/DSS
- Documentation of system environment and workflows
- Support the streamlining of workflows to minimize duplication of efforts across the organizations
- Ensure that servers are running properly by completing regular check ups
- Maintain an inventory control system for all IT hardware and software
- Distribute and deploy new / used equipment in coordination with HR Department
- Retirement / Disposal of redundant equipment
ABOUT your skills, education and knowledge:
- Bachelor Degree/College Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Advanced interpersonal and team building skills
- Effective communication including presentation and negotiation skills
- Project management skills
- Budgeting and planning skills
- Management reporting
- Knowledge of best practices of data security
- Discretion and independent judgement
- Customer Orientation
- Results orientation
- Disaster recovery
ABOUT your technical skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite; MS SQL; VMware; Windows Server 2008 and up, SAN, NAS, wireless; Exchange server; Knowledge of BCM phone system will be considered an asset
ABOUT other requirements:
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
WHAT’S in it for you:
We are a group of Christians working together to live out our faith. We offer a comprehensive insurance benefits, Group RRSP plan. We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth.
Are you a good match?
Please forward resume including cover letter to hr@Hope and Healing Internationalcanada.org by February 23, 2018.
Hope and Healing International Canada is committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise Human Resources in advance of attending the interview.
Hope and Healing International Canada is a ‘child-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.