Hope and Healing International is currently looking for a creative Writer
Everybody wants to make a difference. To leave the world a better place than they found it.
Are you looking for a challenging, exciting career that changes lives here and in poorer countries? Join our Team.
We are Hope and Healing International, a Christian organization, bringing hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Hope and Healing International works in communities to improve access to healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities for people with disability.
About the position:
- Reporting To: Marketing Services Manager
- Employment Status: Full-Time (35 hours per week), Salaried
- Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
- Location: 3844 Stouffville Road, Stouffville, ON
- Date Posted: April 3, 2019
- Application Deadline: April 24, 2019
About the job:
The Writer provides the creative fulfilment of the storyboard and creative brief – by composing written copy for letters, brochures, catalogues, inserts, educational pieces, updates, ads, thank you letters, generally including a well-chosen story, relevant scripture, and researched data as required.
- Writing: from 1st to final draft writing content for direct mail appeals (including letters, variable paragraphs, education pieces, booklets, catalogues, calendars, report backs, etc) and other marketing strategies (including Emails, Web content, Prayer Diary, Thank You Letters, Print Ads, Receipt Stuffers, Receipt Bottoms, Brochures, Special Letters, Signs, etc)
- Participating in storyboard process: working together with Marketing Services team (and other internal clients) to take creative briefs to the story board stage Brainstorm different concepts and ideas in preparation for writing draft copies
- Research: gathering necessary information (external and internal) and stories for use in writing tasks
- Editing: Taking an editing pen to own and other work and copy at Hope and Healing International
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are. You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere
- We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world
Our ideal candidate would know:
- How to write compelling, warm copy
- How to write direct mail fundraising appeals (as well as have a general understanding of other forms of writing)
- How to think creatively
- How to write emotive, warm, logical, cohesive and engaging letters and support material to stir the emotions of donors to act and give
- How to tell a story that will stir people’s hearts
- How to write clearly and succinctly while maintaining a friendly tone
- How to set goals, develop schedules and meet deadlines
- How to organize projects, resources, thoughts, ideas
- How to research and determine the best stories and information to meet the overall objectives
- How to work independently and self-motivation
- How to be a team player willing to collaborate
- What production process is – including layout and design
- Fund-raising techniques/approaches
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A journalism, English and/or Creative Writing degree, diploma, certificate, or equivalent
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A technical mastery of the English language
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Passion and commitment to helping people with disabilities trapped in poverty
- Direct Mail Marketing experience
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Standard office environment
- Deep familiarity with the Bible
- Must be fully committed to the core values and mission of Hope and Healing International
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘children-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.