Join us today, you will become part of something bigger than us, something truly life changing.
About Hope and Healing International:
We are a Christian organization, working to bring hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Ranked by Charity Intelligence as a Top 100 Charity, with a 5-star rating we work to demonstrate real impact, fiscal transparency, and donor accountability.
Scope of position:
- Employment status: Salaried, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
- Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
- Location: 1600 16th Ave, Richmond Hill, Ontario
- Date posted: October 5, 2021
The Writer ensures content requirements of the Marketing Plan are resourced and produced in service of Hope and Healing International strategic and operational goals – to attract, engage and retain Hope and Healing International supporters. This position also ensures all marketing content is brand and style aligned.
More specifically, the Writer will:
- Provide the creative fulfilment of the creative brief – by composing written copy for direct mail, digital content, social media posts, donor queries, video talking points/ scripts point of sale materials… generally including a well-chosen story, relevant scripture, and researched data as required. This copy is then edited and refined in a multi-step process with final sign-off by Director, Mass Marketing and Donor Segment Manager – similar to writing a screenplay that is then creatively transformed by the director and film editors.
- Learn and apply the art of Direct Marketing/Fundraising writing within the scope of Hope and Healing International’s, mission, vision, values, brand personality and key messages.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Writing: 1st to final draft copywriting for digital (emails, web content, social media), for direct mail appeals (including letters, variable paragraphs, education pieces, booklets, catalogues, calendars, report backs, etc), and other marketing materials (including Prayer Diary, Thank You Letters, Print Ads, Receipt Stuffers, Receipt Bottoms, Brochures, Special Donor Query Letters, Signs, etc);
- Participating in storyboard process: working together with Marketing Services team (and other internal clients) to take creative briefs to the story board stage. Brainstorm different concepts and ideas in preparation for writing draft copies;
- Research: gathering necessary information (external and internal) and stories for use in writing tasks;
- Editing: Taking an editing pen to own and other work and copy at Hope and Healing.
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world;
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are;
- You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere;
- We have a comprehensive benefits and Group RRSP plan, and we end work early on Fridays in the summer to allow our team to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine;
- We believe in work-life balance, so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, paid birthday day off, 10 paid personal days, days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth;
- We consider work from home to be a viable, flexible work option. Eligible employees enjoy working at home for part of their workweek.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A journalism, English and/or Creative Writing degree, diploma, certificate, or equivalent;
- Knowledge of how to write direct mail fundraising appeals (as well as a general understanding of other forms of writing);
- Knowledge of production process – including layout and design;
- Knowledge of fund-raising techniques/ approaches;
- The ability to think creatively;
- Deep familiarity with the Bible;
- The ability to relate Hope and Healing International’s work to Bible principles in fresh, compelling ways;
- Technical mastery of the English language;
- The ability to write emotive, warm, logical, cohesive and engaging letters and support material to stir the emotions of donors to act and give;
- The ability to set goals, develop schedules and meet deadlines;
- The ability to organize projects, resources, thoughts, ideas;
- The ability to work independently and self-motivation;
- Flexibility and positive attitude;
- Ability and openness to learn, develop, take and apply edits and feedback;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Passion and commitment to helping people with disabilities trapped in poverty.
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Standard office environment;
- Work from home for part of the workweek;
- Willingness and ability to meet the demands of international travel within developing countries.
If this tempts you even a little bit and you meet the minimum requirements, let us set up a conversation.
Please forward you cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by October 22, 2021.
The safety of our staff is of the utmost importance to us; therefore, considering the issues surrounding COVID-19, we wanted to let job applicants know that Hope and Healing International’s employment offers are conditional upon new hires being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘child-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory.
If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.