At Hope and Healing International, we believe that Jesus values all people, regardless of where they live, what their background, how much they earn, or what their different mix of abilities. We strive to do the same.
So, as we offer our services and communicate our cause, we want to respect the dignity and independence of all those who engage with us.
To this end, our staff and volunteers are trained in AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) and are committed to giving excellent customer service to all supporters, including those with disabilities.
Multi Year Accessibility Plan
Hope and Healing International’s Multi-Year Accessibility Plan outlines a phased-in strategy to remove barriers from our website/communications – not only meeting current requirements of the AODA, 2005, but getting ready for future improvements. Hope and Healing International will review the plan at least once every five years. Upon request, we will provide a copy of the multi-year plan in an accessible format.
- Customer Service, IASR Policies
- Training: Customer Service, Human Rights, IASR for policy makers
- Emergency Information
- Creation of accessibility page on website
- Multi-Year Plan – post to web
- Process for creating accessible documents and communication supports on request
- Website WCAG 2.0 Level A compliant
- Website WCAG 2.0 Level AA
- Annual policy review
- Ongoing staff education
- Ongoing review of opportunities to improve and enhance