- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Zest of half an orange
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup pecans (toasted and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor add flour, powdered sugar, and salt, and mix. Once mixed, add vanilla extract, orange zest, butter and water. Optional: add pecans and sprinkles. Mix until a dough is formed.
- Place the dough on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log about 6-8 inches long. Tightly twist each end of the wrap in opposite directions.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and slice the log into 1/3-inch thick disks. In a tray lined with parchment paper arrange the disks a couple of inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until edges are light brown, rotating the tray half way through the baking process.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks and cool until cookies reach room temperature.