MAIL OUT CLERK/DONOR SERVICES ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK
Hope and Healing International Canada is currently looking for a very energetic, organized and customer service oriented individual to handle all mail out functions as well as provide administration support to our Donor Services Team.
We are Hope and Healing International Canada, a Christian organization, bringing hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Hope and Healing International works in communities to improve access to healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities for people with disability.
About the position:
- Reporting To: Manager, Donor Services
- Employment Status: 1-year Contract with a possibility of extension (May 2018 – June 2019 or later), 35 hours per week
- Location: 3844 Stouffville Road, Stouffville, ON
- Date Posted: April 3rd, 2018
- Application Deadline: April 27th, 2018
About the job:
The Mail Out Clerk/Donor Services Administrative Clerk is responsible for the efficient co-ordination of mail out processes as well as providing administrative support to the Donor Services Team.
More specifically, the Mail Out Clerk/Donor Services Administrative Clerk will:
- Efficiently and accurately send out thank you letters, receipts and all other assorted mailings;
- Ensure the most effective and efficient use of courier services;
- Manage inventory in the warehouse relating to the mailing and print functions;
- Open mail;
- Enter data into the donor data base system;
- Prepare month-end reports, including postage and balance reports and provide Finance Administrator with the records;
- Assist internal clients (staff) with mailing needs while promoting efficiency and cost control;
- Other clerical or donor services responsibilities as assigned
Our ideal candidate would have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word including merge functions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks on a daily basis
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion, and take ownership of final outcomes
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with provided guidelines
- Efficient keyboarding and data entry skills
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Standing and sitting for long periods of time
- A full range of body motion including: handling and light lifting; manual and finger dexterity; eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate computer and peripheral equipment and mail room mechanical aids
- Regular lifting and moving up to 25 pounds
- Occasional lifting and moving up to 40 pounds
- Occasional local travel
- Occasional driving a vehicle for work (pick up mail at the post office / bank deposits)
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
- Training on the use of folding and mail machine will be provided on the job
Please forward you cover letter and resume to hr@Hope and Healing Internationalcanada.org by April 27th, 2018
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), Hope and Healing International Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory.
If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Hope and Healing International Canada is a ‘child-safe organization’.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.