- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large marshmallows
- 9 small marshmallows
- Chocolate sauce
- Place the water and chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the chocolate melts and you are left with a smooth mixture. (This will take approximately 5 minutes)
- Stir sugar and salt into the chocolate mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to low heat and let simmer, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and the flavors combine (This will take about 4 minutes.)
- Pour milk into the chocolate mixture and cook until hot.
- Beat with a whisk until foamy or stir until smooth.
- Cut the edge off of two small marshmallows and stick the “ears” to the side of a large marshmallow.
- Cut the edge off of another small marshmallow and place it on the front of the large marshmallow for a nose.
- Add three dots of chocolate sauce on the large marshmallow. Two for eyes and one on the nose.
- Repeat two more times to have three bears.
Note: If you don’t have the ingredients (or time) to make the actual hot chocolate, you can easily use a hot chocolate mix and still create the fun bears! And if you don’t have chocolate syrup, no worries! You can use the hot chocolate mix combined with a little bit of water for the eyes and nose.